Thursday, September 13, 2012

Something I Have Carried With Me

As with any major project, there will be ups and downs and days where you lay in bed and wonder why or how or what next. Through this project I had one quote that ran through my head like the ticker at the bottom of CNN news. It was a quote that touched my heart, that spoke to me, and to this day believe that it was written just for me. I decided to have it painted on a wood canvas by an artist named Michelle from the Etsy store WallBling. This quote is the story of this house. From the way I stalked the house when it was for sale, walking by with my stroller at night and dreaming of the inside, pretending I was a different buyer when I called the realtor to check its status, to every wall that we tore out and rebuilt and now the love that my children feel in this house. This is our story, written beautiful by the author Joan Didon. "A place belongs forever to whoever claims it hardest, remembers it most obsessively, wrenches it from itself, shapes it, renders it , loves it so radically , that he remakes it in his own image." ----Joan Didion

No comments:

Post a Comment