Friday, February 8, 2013

Winter Warm Up


The winds are blowing, snow is falling and all I really want to do is wrap myself in a warm blanket. The one main feature I wanted that this house didn't have was a fireplace. It was shocking to us that this 100 year old place lacked one of my must-haves. But I figured it would be pretty easy to put one in sometime down the road. So until then, I have to find some other ways to stay warm around this place. Especially with this next storm approaching. This is winter warm around our house.


There is nothing like wraping your hands around this warm mug when it is filled with coffee. The stoneware holds the heat and radiates it out like a little ball of fire. I am very picky when it comes to my coffee mugs.


My criteria, it has to be stoneware.In addition to looking beautiful, I am a huge supporter of local artists and I like that every piece is different with perfect imperfections. Examining the blend of colors and running my fingers over the different textures is one of my simple pleasures of the day.


I fell in love with these leg warmers. Remenissing back to Flash Dance, I couldn't resist these for Onna. If only I could get away with something like this!


My Vera Wang scarf is the yummiest shade of oatmeal. It really does such a good job of keeping me cozy during the day. It is very lightweight but incredibly soft and warm. The fringe is great fun to twirl when I'm working at the computer.



My other simple please is to wrap up in this vintage blanket found at my husband's grandparents' house. When we saw it, we both instantly fell in love with the gray and pink plaid. A little surprised that Omar liked it as much as I did, but it is as warm as it is beautiful. Oversized, flannel and pink plaid....can't get much better!



So as the winter season comes to its peak and as we are getting ready to be buried in snow, I will be staying warm inside!


No comments:

Post a Comment