Monday, May 5, 2014

Gasp!

So as many of you know, there has been an unspoken rule about wallpaper in our home. Since removing what seems like 100 layers of OLD.... I mean old like it is now part of the wall wallpaper, it was just assumed that we would NEVER put up wallpaper again.EVER.It would almost be like looking at flashbacks of some horror film of sprayers, scrapers, sweat and tears. Well, until I found THIS....



I know...enter the GASP!.

This "Pedal Pusher" wallpaper, God I even LOVE the name, is from the Oh Joy! line. If you are not familiar with it, Joy is a blogger/designer who has recently collaborated with Target on a a summer party wares line. I have been following the Oh Joy! blog for some time and instantly fell in love with this paper. I know...it is really the opposite of me. I tend to think of myself as more simple..you know gray mono-cramatic ME. So obviously the bold brassy colors of enormous blooms are not typically on my list. I actually don't think I even own anything brass colored.

So, after what seems like endless wallpaper removal, I am jumping in AGAIN....And what a better place than my vestibule. Flash back to the Pink Chronicles post. Yes, pink was way to HELLOOOO, so I wanted more subtle. And naturally that means this Petal Pusher Paper. What can I say? I never claimed to make sense. The paper is really pricy so I am compromising and only doing the upper part of a wall and will have it professionally installed.I am NOT fooling around with a DIY install with this stuff. Cha Ching......but so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment